New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double bolt action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone seem this rifle? I found this on AccurateShooters.com. Who want to buy first?

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its got some gears, cable and block & tackle under the rear bridge

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
There is a video around of one of these being used, interesting concept and seems to work fine. only problem is that it is difficult trying to hunt with one as with the paper bag over your head you can't see where you are going. You need the bag so no one can identify you with what would have to be the ugliest gun around.

Posts: 3913 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
uite
quote:
Originally posted by LesBrooks:
Has anyone seem this rifle?

Ive handled one of those units whilst speaking with the maker.
They feel ok and weight is quite reasonable, being made of titanium.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Yes, I handled one at the SCI show in '08, while talking to the inventor. A bit heavy but appears to work very well. I was told the "basic" model retails for around $85K.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well hell............it ain't CRF so it aint shitSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Well hell............it ain't CRF so it aint shitSmiler

Damn, rear lock-up too. I wonder if it can be modified to hold 5 down on each side? rotflmo

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The safety switch and bolt bolts look like Weatherby MkV take-offs. stir

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
All the virtues of a Coo-Coo clock

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Duane will have bottom metal for it soon. For a 505 Gibbs stir

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think this rifle is ugly at all but I would never own one as a working rifle. If I had that kind of money to drop on a rifle and this is the rifle I was dropping it on. It would be a show piece only strictly for it's innovative qualities.
It is a cool design though.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a cool rifle. I think it looks good, except for all the engraving (I've never liked engraving of any kind).

There's a video of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0s21VAJdCM

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Engraving is fine so long as it's 50% or less coverage.

I never liked 100% coverage or the victorian high relief stuff. way over the top.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I, too, have handled one. It wasn't as fancy as the one in the photo. Workmanship seemed excellent. But I found it heavy, fat, and the balance would take a bit of getting used to. I don't think the one I handled was made of titanium. If it was then it still was mostly steel.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote