New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware! bigpaintstore.com
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just a heads up regarding a rip-off bigpaintstore.com.
I found the place above on line as a place to get some Devcon two part epoxy kits at a reasonable price. About 2.00 less than around here and not having to drive twenty [20] miles to get. The site has this cute little time clock thing that odffers you a discount if you order within a certain time--it has a count-down clock to distract you. I ordered four at about 4.65 ea and didn`t look deeply enough into the shipping and handling. Hell! These are little kits that weigh 4- oz. Boy was I surprised when I got the statement on my CC!!! 28.00 for shipping [USPS] and not even priority either but 2nd class. Then there was a 12.00 "handling fee" too. All in all over 40.00 for the dubious pleasure of using their site. I could have gotten the same stuff for 2.13 [ea] more at MSC Industrial and only had a 10.00 charge. Just a big beware so others arent screwed. Buy from a known source and be safe!!
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does the Devcon carry a haz-mat fee?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know the store, but it is endemic problem, and the first thing I look at when checking prices. I am a big online buyer, but as a general rule, there's no way to save money on a $5.00 purchase.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it required a Haz Mat fee or rating it should not move by USPS.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don`t know if it was supposed to have a hazmat stamp or??? There wasn`t anything on the box and I do not think there was awhile back when I got it from MSC Industrial. Oh Well~~~ I`ll just look better next time.
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have to watch for this on e-bay. Low cost
high shipping on "Buy Now" stuff.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
There is no HAZMAT fee for Devcon 10110.
I bought the larger tubs of it (1#?) but
don't remember which company. They did
not charge HAZMAT. Heck, it's only epoxy!

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
The only requirement it to make available an MSDS if the customer requests it. Earl.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you try Enco for it?

They do carry Devcon products and have FREE shipping every month. You just have to Google the code.

Found this Googling
Use code nccdec for free shipping on orders over $25 till end of January.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
R.S Huges is whom I use to get all my 3M and Devcon products from. They are a short drive for me so I can pick it up.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
I got stuck by one of those ebay cheap prices deals a long long time ago. I learned and check first before I finalize an order.

Ginsu knife set for .25 cents a set. I thought "KOOL" I'll buy a batch and sell them at the flea market, Bought it and bit the bullet. Each set carried a4.25 ship and handle fee, per set. Just a bend over and smile deal!

space

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
midway has it.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wanted an inert 20mm round for display and found an outfit who had them for $4.95 apiece. Shipping for 1 round, $13.99 !

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote