THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Ejected brass/shells hitting scope **Model 70 Experts solicited!!**

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ejected brass/shells hitting scope **Model 70 Experts solicited!!**
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted
Have a Mod 70 375 with low Talleys and a Vx3 and the ejected brass/shells do quite a number on the turret. Are higher rings the ONLY solution for this?

Gracias...

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily. Is it a PF or CRF?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
CRF, New Haven model.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You could spin the scope to where the windage is now the elevation and the elevation is now the windage.

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
At times it actually hits the shroud itself, not just the turret sticking out.

I had custom bases made for it and I wonder if they are lower than stock Talleys and with the Low rings the whole thing is just too low.

I measured form the bottom of the scope to the side of the action right next to the ejector and it was right at 1 1/4 inch. Maybe someone else can measure theirs that works fine and let me know how close they are.

Thanks!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The extractor claw may need a little work to release the top of the rim faster.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking you might be right Bobster as far as the extractor. At the same time it seems like there isn;t enough tension on the case by the extractor blade. A slow eject and the round can fall off the bolt face and drop down. Also, the last round wants to ejects more up that out and that has me thinking I might have the wrong follower as it doesn't seem to create the same upward pressure as having a round underneath. But then I'm no gunsmith...