New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Stock by Martin Hagn?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone heard of a stockmaker named Martin Hagn?

There is a rifle supposedly crafted by him on gunbroker- I really like the styling- slim short forend, open grip, well maybe the cheekpiece could be refined... Looks great on that Pre War 70...

Would any of you stockmakers know where I could get an identical pattern???

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=8347754

Posts: 360 | Location: PA | Registered: 29 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Jordan>
posted
I would try the Great American Stock Exchange [or is is Great American Gunstocks?] in California. I think the proprietor's name is Henry Pohl. I believe he has a good selection of european and classic type patterns. I believe they are on the internet. They are situated in California, greater Sacramento area I believe.

Jordan

<JBelk>
posted
DeeBee---

That's Hagn of the famous Hagn single shot actions. Ralf Martini is the other half of the company. Both are VERY high on the scale of custom gunmakers.

Let's take an inventory.......the three digit pre-war M-70 barreled action is worth at least $800 . The stock blank would now cost you at least $1200.......labor is worth more than $1500. I think the best way to get that pattern is to buy that rifle. It's an absolute steal.

Heres a Martini-Hagn single shot with false side-plates, ready for the engraver. <Reno 2002>

-

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
That particular rifle is a bargain at $3500.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I must admit, I was tempted to just buy it... It's very close to what I want.

Ahhh. Champaign taste, Budweiser budget- the story of my life...

Posts: 360 | Location: PA | Registered: 29 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Another Hagn photo.

R. Kehr

-

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
When I was living in The Cranbrook, B.C. (Canada) area, there was a gunmaker named Jim Hagn. He made some exceptionally nice rifles, and his prices were reasonable. Sorry I don't have an address or phone number for him.

Posts: 31 | Location: Central BC, Canada | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Dang Roger! You scarred that one up GOOD !!! [Big Grin]

Could you send me a bigger picture of that scroll.

I'm doing my first English style now and you KNOW I'm always looking for ideas to steal. [Smile]

<JBelk>
posted
This is the last address I have handy.

MARTIN VICTOR HAGN
PO BOX 444, CRANBROOK
B.C. VIC 4H9 CANADA
(604)489-4861

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Jack
I emailed you a supersized photo. It may take a while to download.

Fairly basic design work. Feel free to use anything you need off of it. I know I have used a whole pot full of your advise off of these pages.
R. Kehr

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Jack....I forgot to ask.

Who did the stock and metal work on the rifle photo that you submitted?

Very crisp work....indeed.
R.Kehr