New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem with Sako extractor questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've found what seems to be a very good deal on a somewhat customized Rem 700 ADL. It started out as a 270 Win and was rechambered to 270 Weatherby Mag. It's also had a Sako extractor installed and the feed rails reworked to feed the bigger cartridges. I was able to try it with live ammo, and it seems to feed fine. What is the real purpose of using the Sako extractor in a Rem bolt? I've heard about it alot, but this is the first I"ve ever seen one. Also, how does the .270 Weatherby act in a 24 inch barrel? It has a muzzle break, which I don't really like, but for $350 I may have to give it a try. What do you think?

Posts: 284 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
hoss 101--

The easiest way to open a Remington bolt face for a bigger case is to replace the extractor with a small claw.

It's just my OPINION, but it sounds like somebody scewed up a pretty nice rifle with the new caliber and a corn cob on the end. I'd offer $225 and rebarrel to a different caliber..........or ask to shoot it first.

I'd bet green dollars it has accuracy problems, or questionable workmanship somewhere.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't have a muzzlebrake or a 24" barrel on a 270wby.As mentioned earlier it probably has a has a problem or two in it's history.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
<G.Malmborg>
posted
Belk,

I have a feeling that your OPINION is shared by others...
[Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
i would buy a clean 270 and call it a day.
woofer

Posts: 741 | Location: vermont. thanks for coming, now go home! | Registered: 05 February 2002Reply With Quote