New
Find
Notify
Tools

refurbishing 50's vintage scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 4x Leupold Mountaineer scope that is pretty much worn white. I'd like to look into getting it refurbished. Are there any suggestions as to who does this type of work?

John

Posts: 54 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the "innards" Osborn Optical 62324 N 79th Ln, Glendale AZ 85303 623 847 4705 is really good!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might contact Parsons Scope Service. They specialize in target and vintage scope repair and restoration. No website, phone #513 867 0820.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
parsonsscopeservice.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote from Parsons website

We do NOT work on Tasco, Simmons, Bushnell or any Japanese-made scope. We do NOT work on Weaver, Leupold or Redfield.

Maybe a misprint. I'll give them a call Monday.

John

Posts: 54 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Wonder what they do work on?

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a very old Kahles that I sent to the Leupold recommended place for a refinish on the tube. I got back a very poor flat black paint job. I need somebody to do a redo. The optics are wonderful.
Sorry for hijacking your thread.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
parsonsscopeservice.com
* Complete Reblue - for steel tubes & mounts. Base price $275.00 includes clean & service.

* Vintage Scope Restoration - Malcolm and other 19th century scopes. Price dependent on work required.

We have acquired the last of Lyman Products Corporation's inventory of parts and tooling. This enables us to do almost any repair on these fine vintage scopes (American-made only).

Instruction Manuals (photocopies) - $5.00

Recoil spring assemblies for 3/4" tubes - $40.00 installed

**Prices are base prices only. Certain models are subject to added fees.

Estimates
After we examine your repair item, we will send an estimate of cost with an approximate turn-around time. If you decide not to have your item repaired, there is a minimum charge of $20.00 which includes return shipping & handling. If you provide your email address, we will email your estimate.

Sounds like they will work on the old Lymans that were made in USA (Target Spot, Alaskan, Challengr, All-American. Also most others like Unertl, Savage, Winchester, Malcolm, etc. But the only German variety they'll work on are the Weatherbys?? The only Weatherby scope I ever owned was made in Japan-guess they won't work on that one!

This outfit doesn't sound very versatile. I guess the only parts they can make are for Lymans....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote