New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB Win M54 Front Sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for a taller front Blade w/Bead type front sight.. This is the earlier model before the dove tail front sight..

Thank you.

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Show a picture, I have a pretty good collection of old "new" front sight inserts of various types and I'm not sure what all they fit.
Have no idea what a M54 looks like so not sure if I have one..

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Lyman 27W; pinned into the integral barrel sight boss.

Posts: 17178 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My M54 (circa 1929) has a sight completely different from the one pictured. The insert is held in by a small screw on each side of the ramp, and is marked "Pacific" on the left side.

I too would like fo find a spare or two, so I can modify one for target shooting. The bead on the one I have is too fat for my liking.

Porosonik.

Vetting voters= racist. Vetting gun buyers= not racist. Got it?

Posts: 407 | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks dcpd,

For both photo as well as exactly what sight it is.. That is exactly as my 1929 mfg. What is the proper way of measuring these sights for reference to other replacement sights.. Is this now a custom made project??

I've really become enamored with this rifle and really want to get her back in the field.. Local piggies are going to hate her..

Thanks all

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Unless you can find an old Lyman or the like, higher, you will have to make one, which would not be hard at all.
Some on ebay now; 26s, not 27s, but they would work.
Measure them from bottom to top of the blade; the total height. Not the barrel ramp, which is part of the barrel on the 54. I don't think anyone makes these pin on types any more.
Poro, I have never seen one held by screws.

Posts: 17178 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dpcd... you got pm..

Thank you very much..

MopaneMike

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I am quite sure I have 20 or 30 inserts in various heights that fit that sight.
Let me know if you need them.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 1928 vintage Win M54 in 30-30 has a marbles insert in the machined ramp. Hopefully want to get it rebarreled with a varmint weight style barrel in the same caliber. When I got my 54 it was just a barreled action. Local gunsmith inletted the action into a bishop stock. I have an old winchester marksman stock and that will be the basis for a new lead slinger. Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gent's I am still Looking.. for that Lyman front blade sight.. 27W as I understand it..

While I'm at it.. I wouldn't mind replacing the rear sight as mine been a bit beat on.. it's a Lyman 66W from what I've been able to find out..

Thank you All

MopaneMike

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Mike
Send me your address.