New
Find
Notify
Tools

3-Pos Safety on LH Charles Daly
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Apparently Gentry uses a right hand thread on their safety, but the bolt shroud has a left hand thread. The action is a left handed Charles Daly (Zastava).

Anyone know a way out of this? We're checking with Gentry now, but other options would be appreciated.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i don't know how they did it but i had gentry put two of their safety's on left handed charles daly mausers. they work perfectly.

Posts: 980 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Max. We're hoping Dennis Gentry will put together one for me, too. Apparently his dad is in the hospital right now; hope he gets over whatever it is that laid him low.

Dennis thinks he has the parts from a run they made a while back, and can put one together for me. I'm running short on time, too; have a hunt booked for late October.

Man, it's a bummer ... my gunsmith just found out today as he was assembling the pieces. My rifle is almost finished and up jumps the devil. If Gentry can't do it, I might try Stuart Satterlee to see if he can make one with the "right" threads. I'd hate to have built a custom rifle and have to use that god-awful side safety.

By the way, which side is your safety lever on? I wanted mine to be on the right side, but apparently it conflicts with the bolt release.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the safety is on the same side as the bolt just likw on my left handed model 70 .

Posts: 980 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote