New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody recognize this sight?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This sight is on Ebay. I'd like to get an aperture sight for my Grandfather's old FN Mauser "Musketeer" 30.06. Does anybody recognize it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3654632990&category=36258&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks

Pat

Posts: 173 | Location: Meadowview Virginia | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like an old Lyman 57SME

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that sight reversible? Most commercial 98's I have seen are tapped on the "right" (edited) side of the rear bridge. Of course the picture could be reversed.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both of my FNs are drilled and tapped on the right side of the receiver with holes approximately .6" apart.

Posts: 173 | Location: Meadowview Virginia | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never mind! I think my brain is reversed! I'm going to Reno!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
That receiver sight looks like a Redfield to me......if I remember the adjustment knobs correctly.

If Redfield, it's a good sight......doesn't have a push-button removable slide like the Lyman 57's or 48's however.

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The sight is a Redfield, probably a #70. It's equipped with "Hunter Adjusting Knobs" which were available options at the time (50's). Mine is just like the picture, and was mounted on the right side of the receiver on a sporterized P17 Enfield. See how the bidding goes on that sight. I think they're worth a bit more than $20 (I'seen them at gunshows for 3X's that). Email me if you might be interested in the one I have here. Mounting holes measure damn close to .6" apart

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote