Notify
Tools

Re: CRF Sako?????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted
JCN,

Have you found anyone willing to do this conversion?

Reading the text from the article that goes with the photo says Sako used a larger extractor (and it looks visibly larger in the photo too), and did some "engineering" to make it work.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The extractor on the CRF is positioned "higher". The standard extractor might not let the case rim slide under it.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got one guy willing to give it a go, but he is overly worried that it might not work. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a 7mm STW on a good closeout price. If it works with the original cartridge I would then screw on a 375 H&H or 416 Rem Mag tube. The next step would be to convert my L61's. I just like them better than the 75's.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,
We would keep extending the extractor cut upward. Making the extractor itself wouldn't be too hard. This deal would just be cut and try until it works, or we have irretrevably buggered the bolt. And who know if the Magazine will feed the way we want it to. Sounds like fun.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote