Find
Notify
Tools

M1999 and infr from Reno SCI show
 Login/Join

<Clint>
posted
Rod,
It's a great show, wish you were here. I spend most of the afternoont looking for suitable left handed stocks for the Long action I have on order and the PH action I will have on order as soon as you release them. Toward the end of the dsy. I went to a booth bristling with lever actions of VERY innovative design. And, photos of VERY large dangerous game anilams felled by the same lever guns. I wasa in none other than Jim Brockman's booth. While describing my search for a LH stock for a new action similar to M70, I asked if he had heard of you guys. He reached behind me and pulled out a Montana Rifle M1999 action in the flesh! Pretty cool. Now we've figured out the sighting system, ring type, and other details, all I need is to have MPE or McMillan craete a syntehtic stock with castoff or get one of Mel Smart's Acrabond stocks. The rifle is really beginning to take shape!

Thanks, and I look forwared to any updates you may have.

Safe Hunting

Clint

<Rod@MRC>
posted
Wish I could have gone too....

Spent all day today capping off proof loads in various magnum and standard 4140 and Stainless M1999 actions.

Where is the guy who said he wanted this job? [Frown]

It was interesting because at least 15 blew primers and I was using the same firing pin assembly in every action. At the end, the firing pin tip looked just fine.

We'll be shipping a fair number of actions this coming week.

[ 02-03-2003, 05:36: Message edited by: Rod@MRC ]

one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
I saw the action at Jack Belk's table at the ACGG show in Reno. Being a dyed-in-the-wool M70 fan, I was truly impressed. I'll be on your list for the stainless short action which I understand is due out later in the year. Going to build it into either a 338/300WSM or a 338/7mmWSM. I already have a Pac-Nor 3 groove barrel waiting for it!! Hurry!

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Speedy>
posted
I saw the action at Brockman's booth too. Looked GREAT!!!. It was interesting that I wasn't the only one prestering the Winchester, RCBS, Barnes and other suppliers about the 338 WSM. Those folks said that it was a REALLY popular question.

Man o' man what a show. Much better than last year. Fantastic displays.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rod, thanks for taking the time to talk to me last week before I left for the show. I pawed over the action at Jack's table and I am duly impressed and will be ordering a couple of them shortly. Just need to tell my daughter that she can peer over someones shoulder for Spring Quarter at the University. Owning your own school books is blown way out of proportion anyway.

I also will be after one of your ph models as soon as they are available. Have a pattern ready to go along with a few options for a caliber.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How is the PH action going to be different from the LA being offered now ??

thanks

<Rod@MRC>
posted
Customstox: Hey, Chic, my pleasure. We'll get back to the PH after the ShotShow and after we attend to some issues on the Short Action in the mag well area.

Rancher: In three words, the PH is longer, bigger and heavier. There is a string in here that describes and shows the action. Essentially, it is a square bridge, super-magnum evolved Mauser with an M70 type trigger and safety. So what?

Well, price. $650ish.