Find
Notify
Tools

your help, please
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents:

Does anyone have any photos of their rifles they would be willing to post for me? Specifically, I am looking for photos (preferably up close) of rifles with a non-blued finish on the metal. Also, any of you with Echols Legend stocks who would be willing to post them for me to look at would be great, too.

I have two Echols Legend stocks on order and I am exploring various metal finishes.

Thanks!

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Bead blasted stainless

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post

Rem 700 Sendero SS .300 Win Mag

Ruger Mk II VT + SS Lothar Walther Match bbl. in .308 Win

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I use these guy's when customers want their stainless stuff coated.

http://www.bearcoat.com/

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
has anyone heard of riflestockpainting.com? or used them before?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would recommend charlie (riflestockpainting.com) anyday of the week. Does real good work, turn around times are good and communication is great.

My 9.3x62. midnight purple cerakote.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOOK OUT GRAPE APE! Very interesting rifle. Can you upload any closeups. Shall I assume this work was done by Charley?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie at riflestockpainting does great work, communication is good and turn around is quick.

Here's a Winchester Model 70, graphite black cerakote in a McMillan stock.

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right now I dont have any close-ups. its back at the smith getting a few minor functioning issues worked out.

the name of the color kinda threw me off also but its a real close match to my matte scope.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
with the use of cerakote, is the use of chrome moly barrels ok for use in wet weather? also, did charley inlet the stock, too?