Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Which rifle barrel?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Lother Walter barrels are second to none!

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a question which seems to get asked about every two weeks. The respondents and their responses are usually the same as well, with the fans of respective manufacturers touting their favorite product.
Most barrels are good. It's rare that any are unsatisfactory. Often unheralded barrels are astonishingly good. Some companies are more responsive to customer complaints than others. This may have as much to do with the type of customer complaints received. Shockingly, the customer is not always right or always smart!
Anyway, there are more different makers of barrels to choose from now than ever before and they seems to be making good stuff. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3577 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I usually tighten the screws to 40 inch pounds. The forend doesn't touch. The smith has bedded other rifles for me and has done a good job. I'm really not sure what the problem is. I use the same shooting technique at the bench as I do for other rifles and don't have the problems that I have with this particular one. It baffles me.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote