THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    rechambering Ruger #1 in 458 Lott to 460 Weatherby

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rechambering Ruger #1 in 458 Lott to 460 Weatherby
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know if a ruger #1 in 458 lott can be
rechamberd to 460 weatherby.If yes can you recommend
a good gunsmith who can do the work. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
The answer is a yes and anybody who works on the No. 1 should be able to do the re-chambering and conversion for you. A friend of my has quite a few No. 1 rifles built by Dennis Olson but he is too busy right now to take more work. There are a couple of gun builders here who has a lot of experience working on Ruger's No. 1 and they should be a good candidate for the job. Try this following source if nobody will chime in.

www.bowenclassicarms.com

Posts: 204 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
SSK Industries should be able to do it; they build lots of #1s in calibers up to .600".
See SSK

They have done much of my gunsmithing, and I have been very pleased with the results.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote