Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700SA - WSM Feeding issue
 Login/Join

posted
I have a remington 700SPS in 300WSM that i really want to keep but it fails to feed about 20% of the time, 20% too much in my opinion. I was wondering if a center feed magazine box & flat follower would allow the round to feed reliably? Has anyone tried a center feed magazione box in any rifle that improved feeding?

Need help before i make a rash decision, i know its under warranty and was hoping an authorized remington repair center could fix it for me but i would like to try the center feed magazine box/flat follower.

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure what your problem may be but I had a minor feeding problem with my short mags and found it and fixed it myself. The magazine box was about 1/16" higher than the feed ramp. I got a fine round file and worked it down to the proper level and it works perfect now.
Hope yours is that simple.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming that this is a "three round" magazine. Anecdotally, many of these magazines will work reliably when loaded with just two rounds, but frequently misfeed when you try to stuff the third round in. Is this the case?

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote