New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand Rem 700 action needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If anyone know of a place I can just buy left handed 700 actions please let me know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also like to know . I've been told it's almost as effective to purchase the entire rifle , because of cost ?. How ever I don't know this for fact .

I was told pick the caliber you want or as close to it and have a competent Smith true the action or work it . Either shoot that barrel out or re chamber and re barrel among other work such as bedding . It's what has been suggested to me .

LH actions or Donner guns just aren't readily available for us Lefty's !.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I've found, your local pawn shop is the best bet.

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go for an action built by the master actionmakers, like Nesika or Stiller, et cetera. They can build anything you want. I was looking at a webpage today that prices them at anywhere from about $800 to $1100. I say get a precision action, then everything you build on top of it is also going to have just that much more of a leg up toward the final product.

Look at these, especially the Lawton 7500: http://www.6mmbr.com/actions.html

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote