THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: Photos now posted-New Serengeti Laminated Stock

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Photos now posted-New Serengeti Laminated Stock
 Login/Join

<eldeguello>
posted
Mike, what a fantastic stock! It doesn't even look laminated. And that's GOOD!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Very nice indeed! I still have a hard time believing that these are laminated stocks since they have the look of solid wood. Very nicely done.

I have recommended these stocks to a couple of my partners who are getting ready to build some big bores.

My Boyd's laminated stock on my .375 has fine checkering and is surpurbly finished, but it still looks like a laminated stock. I kinda like the look any way.

Very nice rifle. Let us know how it works out.

All the best,

Sam

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Quote:

Mike,

How many laminations are in your stock? The blank that Accubond did for me is five. Some of them may be as few as three laminations. This is why they look so good as it's all the same wood, for the most part, on each side.

I had mine laminated as the left and right side did not match and now they do.

There are 5 laminate strips in mine as well. According to their website, they do 5 laminations on the stocks. I don't think they could achieve the stability needed with only 3 strips.