New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC M1999 Pro Hunter Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Everyone keeps asking me about the PH action and when they can expect us to produce it. As was stated many moons ago, it will take approximately 300 actions sold for us to get them into production. With that said, anyone who is interested get your name in NOW! It really doesn't cost you a thing. We may ask for a credit #, but that is only to show the powers that be that it is a serious order. The price for any of the PH actions (R/H, L/H, Chrome Moly or Stainless) is only $525.00. Compare that to $1500.00 + for anything even comparable. If you want us to get them done, give us a call right away and we'll put you on the list. Give us a CC# but you will not be charged whatsoever until we reach the 300 mark and have reconfirmed it with you.

Dan

<Sniper>
posted
How many orders do you have now?

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Sniper... every one or two more gets us a little closer. I'm up to two and trying to justify 3. Go for a couple more yourself and help the cause!

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the PH action and how does it differ from the standard M1999 action?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'ts bigger and will handle the .416 Rigby to .505 Gibbs range of cartridges [Cool]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by belaw:
What is the PH action and how does it differ from the standard M1999 action?

Double square bridges also [Cool]

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Dan,
tell me you AINT gunna delete the square bridges...

jeffe

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If there was a bit more info on this action ,available, to interested people, iam sure you would get closer to the 300 mark much quicker get more orders .people like to have a good look at what they are buying .if i can find out more about them i will order one ,until then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????

Posts: 148 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Kos, I have a long and 2 short actions already and would order probaly 3 PH actions but need some information.
Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bolt diameter has sucked me in .805" I do hope they have double square bridges.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
There is a post from MRC about a month ago that said the design was not finalized but would be by February or thereabouts. I for one don't mind waiting... it's not often that the consumer gets so much input on a new product and believe me, they are listening.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have approximately (I'm not at my desk at work) 75 orders for the PH action.

The difference between the PH and the standard Long action is that the longest cartridge you can fit in the Long is 3.650" while you can put any cartridge up to 4.00" in the PH action. It will also (as stated by TC1) be a double square bridged action.

We are getting ready to run the prototypes on the Pro Hunter action here within the next couple of weeks. Once I have them done I will take pictures and try to post them myself or find someone who has the ability to post it. They may be computer generated images or pictures of the prototypes themselves.

We have pretty much finalized the design on the PH, in fact the boss has the STL files on hand as of Friday. I should be able to take a look at them here this week. We are also going to have 3 right hand and 3 left hand (we hope) fully functional prototypes ready for the 2004 Shot Show in February (12th thru 15th in Vegas)

Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan:

May I make some suggestions? Make the bolt diameter at least .810" and bring part of the left bolt lug up all the way to the bolt face. Also, make the reciever ring diameter at about 1.600" with 1.250" diameter thread. The internal magazine lenght should be at least 4.000". With all these dimensions, the PH action should cover a lot ground for us big bore shooters. Also, the 600 Nitro Express can possibly be chambered with the bolt dimensions suggested above, at least in single shot mode. Let me know if you need to see a picture of the bolt head that I described above. Thanks.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Ming nailed it. Can you imagine being able to purchase a receiver for $600.00 and bild yourself a .600 Nitro Express...that used .600 Nitro Express cartridges, without the hassle of having to have your own cases made? I would like that, but dammit I am already too deep into mine. Oh well. Still it would be such a fantastic idea.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Dan,
what's the bolt diameter of the long action?

<wonders, yet again, if I am dumb enough to try and stuff a 500 jeffe into a smaller action>

jeffe

[ 12-07-2003, 22:32: Message edited by: jeffeosso ]

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Roger for the comment. I guess that there is no 600 caliber out there that can beat the old 600 NE in terms of nostalgia and I bet that most every serious big bore shooter would give up something to own an inexpensive 600 NE bolt action rifle. Your wildcat 600 cartridge has its place too and I like your design so if you could get Dieter Horneber to start making brass for your cartridge then I would jump on it. Thanks.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the ring dia and thread size for the new PH?

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes if they should make barrel thread 1.25, then I could use action for my 620 or 658 HE wildcat, based on 55 cal Boyes brass.Still might have to be singleshot if the mag box is only 4 inches,
which is fine.My case is 3.8 inches.It seems that as long as they are adding a tenth of an inch to
bolt dia over the regular mauser, that it would be prudent to add at least that much to the barrel
thread diameter.Just for safety as big bore nuts
will use big bolt for big cases that need more thickness in the action and chamber...Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan@Montana Rifle Co:

We are getting ready to run the prototypes on the Pro Hunter action here within the next couple of weeks. Once I have them done I will take pictures and try to post them myself or find someone who has the ability to post it. They may be computer generated images or pictures of the prototypes themselves.

Dan

Hey Dan, When you get the pictures just get in touch with me. I'll be more than happy to host them for you.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote