New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for red recoil pads,
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am working on a stock for my 416 Rigby on a CZ action and want to find a red recoil pad. Who makes about a 1" pad. I have seen some nice photos of one here on AR but they are apparently not real easy to find. Any photos would be appreciated and I thank you in advance for the information.
Doug

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
NECG

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6433 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway carries Galazan , its where I got mine

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Decelerator - Old English.
Brownells.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2687 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Von Gruff:
Decelerator - Old English.
Brownells.

Von Gruff.

I guess I am narrow minded, but I can't see any reason to go with anything other than the Decelerator in a red pad.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Silvers, when you want the original style pad.

http://www.new-kynoch.apt-sites.com/silvers.htm

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of a Decelerator but I have a black one on a synthetic stocked 7mm mag. and it is slick against my shoulder. I have never put anything on it either. That was my only worry about getting one for my 416.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Hunter1:
I like the idea of a Decelerator but I have a black one on a synthetic stocked 7mm mag. and it is slick against my shoulder. I have never put anything on it either. That was my only worry about getting one for my 416.

The Old English has a leather texture finish so should offer suficient grip. It does on my 404Jeffery any way.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2687 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I've got a brown 1.25 inch NECG pad on my CZ550 in 375 H&H. I've got a black 1 inch Decelerator on my 9.3x64. They both do their job and keep my shoulder from hurting. Only difference I noticed was the NECG was cheaper to buy.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote