New
Find
Notify
Tools

enfield project
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If I pick up the enfield in the classiifeds and want to use the action as my first "project", what are my choices as far as a new caliber?? It is 30 06 right now with a "fair bore". I'd stick it in a new stock, but was wondering how this might work...

thank you

Dave

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Dave,
i am thinking about it too... you might pick it up, try it as is, and then think of something far larger..

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave and Jeffe-

I was thinking about it too. If a fellow took it on for a project, what would you do for bottom metal. This rifle has a blind box magazine; was this ususal?

What about a .300 H&H?

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
with modifications to the magazine and bolt face about the only limitations you have is how much do you want to spend. A-square used the Enfield action for all of its rifles.

www.duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, a blind magazine on an Enfield is not normal. Someone, somewhere, has modified it. But I would try it in -06 and see how it fits you and shoots, then decide what you want to modify. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
blind mag? i bought one like that... the stock aint fit for starting a fire.. waste of gas...

i would get a mod 30 or a straightened bottom... not much money

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote