Find
Notify
Tools

Ejector for 96 Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Need a source for a Mauser 96 ejector, would like to lay a couple in stock just in case. I have a couple 96's right now that don't "eject" with much authority thought I'd swap out if I can find a source. I've tried most of the usual sources but none yet.
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Being that it is a fixed ejector. If everything is with in normal wear range, having a case eject with authority is a matter of bolt speed.
Changing the ejector should not have any noticeable effect unless someone monkeyed with it in the first place.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you don't find one, the ejectors for 98's work fine for most rounds and are easily available. If you use a 98 ejector in a 96 you may have to grind it back just a tad or you may catch the bullet ejecting loaded rounds, depending on your oal. The 98 ejector boxes also interchange.
Mr Stott is correct, Paul Mauser's design is durable. Not much can go wrong unless it is bent, broken or lost.

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Kebco LLC (www.kebcollc.com) has lots of 96 parts including ejectors, srpings and ejector boxes.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote