Who made the 1935 Argentine 98's?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who made the 1935 Argentine 98's?

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to those marked D.G.F.M.-(F.M.A.P.) ? If so, they were made in Argentina at a government owned factory.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
The FMAP marked 1909's were indigenously made in the 40's long after the 1935 which was made in Germany by Oberndorf. The '35's are commercially marked with the BUGN proofs. Think '30's era Standard Modell for a visual. Same maker.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have three of these actions. From the proof marks, I believe they are from Mauser in Oberndorf Germany. I don't believe they are FN made as Kuhnhausen listed.

During there time of manufacture, Mauser was secretly building and selling M98 rifles (to South American countries) that they technically were prohibited from doing so by the treaty that ended WW1.

Some references list this action as an intermediate type action - it isn't. It is a regular sized M98 action.

Posts: 163 | Location: Mississippi USA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote