Find
Notify
Tools

Update To Where Is Ralf Martini Thread
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted
This is an update to the to the "Where Is Ralf Martini" thread. Got a call out of the blue from Ralf last night and we have everything worked out. Not going to go into detail however, it suffices to say that Ralf is a Gentleman of the 1st Order and we will be doing business in the very near term. There is not time to get the rifle ready for the show because 2 projects one a 280 AI Mauser and the Fred Wells action will be hard pressed to be ready by January. Looks like the very sick blank I have sitting in Colorado waiting will indeed be put to good use on one of Ralf's barreled actions.

Ever since I laid eyes on one it has been at the top of my list for acquisition (am sure there will be more than this first one in my safes eventually)----pictures do not do them justice they must be seen in person.

Ralf Thank You Sir for taking the time and effort to contact me.

DWM

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Deutche-Waffen Munitionsfabriken", which was one of the major German arms and ammo producers and, IIRC, was merged with RWS. The Mauser actions made by this firm, in the "glory days" of European gunmaking, from roughly 1898 to 1939, are along with those from Oberndorf and Brno, generally considered to be the "ne plus ultra" of bolt actions, the Mannlicher-Schoenauers of the period, excepted.

If, you find a genuine DWM rifle, you have a treasure and, under the brilliant attentions of true gentlemen, such as Ralf Martini or Duane Weibe or Darcy Echols, you can have a functional work of are built that will delight you for the rest of your earthly existence.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
In this case DWM are Boss Hoss real initials.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:

Thats kind of what I was going for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:

I typed an opinion as to what I really think about both the original thread and this one. However, given my respect for Ralf and Mandy and the fact that Ralf, exactly as one would expect, chose to deal with this and ignore the previous thread, I decided against further comment.

I think that many of us have stated what we know to be true about Martini Gunmaking and I do not wish to interfere in Ralf's decision. It is, IMO. sufficient to say that he will do all of any gunwork I ever have done in future.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote