New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tally Mounts ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am thinking of buying some tally mounts QD, to put on a 270 of mine. The scope is a Burris compact 2-7. My question is.... Can the rings be placed in incraments? If you notice on this scope the front/bell area is very short. If not good, then what might be a solution?
Thank you my friends.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Better recheck the measurements closely-

I tried to put a Leupold 4x33mm on a .270 FN Mauser in Talley mounts and came up short i.e. not enough eye relief- I had to crane my neck forward for a full sighting picture... Looking for a longer scope rather than changing the mounts.

I THINK Talley makes an extended base but it might extend into the magazine port which I hate...

Posts: 360 | Location: PA | Registered: 29 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Buliwyf>
posted
smallfry:

Take a minute and give Talley a telephone call. Their telephone number is 307-436-8724. The Talley website is: www.talleyrings.com

They are very helpful and pleasant to talk with.

Buliwyf

<Cossack>
posted
Having just mounted a Burris 3X9 compact on a CZ rimfire, I would definitely be concerned. Mine took all the room available on the intergral groove to get the scope far enough forward for proper eye relief. You didn't specify rifle make but since Tally's tend to be two piece for many allocations. It may be tricky to match this scope with the bases to get the fit you want. You may want to consider a Weaver type base and Burris Z rings. Not as classy, but very strong and lots of room for adjustment .( And they come in super low if necessary, from Midway). I sometimes remove the scopes I have mounted thusly, leaving the Z rings on scope, with little or no change in point of impact. Or, you could try a standard Burris or Leupold base and a front extension ring to match. That way you could mount the front ring forward or backward depending what the scope bell dictates. Not QD but operative.