New
Find
Notify
Tools

9,3x62 to 9,3x64
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I noticed Buffalo Arms sells Brenneke brass for the 9.3x64 and was thinking of having my 62 rechambered.
Is this a simple rechambering with nothing else involved? Rifle is a Ruger.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I noticed Buffalo Arms sells Brenneke brass for the 9.3x64 and was thinking of having my 62 rechambered.
Is this a simple rechambering with nothing else involved? Rifle is a Ruger.

No, it's not that simple. Mag length & width, as well as feedrails & ramp, are probable issues

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And boltface! The 9,3x64 uses a rare case head size (same as .376 steyr and 8x68S). Rechambering the barrel is the easy bit. Then comes the real work....

Is it worth it? I don't know. With modern bullets the 9,3x64 is an awsome african round, but I ain't goning to trade my 9,3 in!!!

If you want a little more and the magazine box on your rifle is long enough, look at the 9,3 x 66 Sako (being sold as the .366 or some such in America)

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
In the USA, it's being sold as the 370 Magnum. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Danny Pedersen has done two for me. The first was a 9.3x62 CZ and the second a M-70 .30/06 he drilled, rerifled and rechambered. Neither required more than minor tweeking for proper feeding. I don't think the bolt face required much work either. Give him a call.

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VFR,
Where are you finiding brass and how much does it cost?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe, Some years ago I was in Chuck's Firearms in Atlanta, looking through the junk shelf, and discovered a dozen boxes of DWM brass head stamped 9.3x64 Brenneke. I think it was imported by Speer back in the 60's. Bought all they had for about $25. Haven't bought any since. I sold the CZ earlier this year and included what RWS brass I had as part of the deal. Graff and Son's used to carry it, but I haven't seen any on their website for quite some time. Bob

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
You are proably just looking at the bolt face work and mild extractor work. You might need to widen the magazine but I doubt it. The bolt face is an easy half inch so that makes it that much easier. Finding the brass in the future can be the real problem. The latest Nosler manual has load data.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote