Find
Notify
Tools

MRC barrel report
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted
I just received my first barrel from MRC...It's a #5 contour .423 dia for a .404 Jeffery.

My impressions?..I've received barrels from Shaw, Douglas, Shilen, and others before but this thing is packaged far more rigorously. It's put in a plastic sheath, then in a netting, then rolled in paper and then encapsulated in a cardboard tube.

When I finally got to the barrel, I was treated to the finest metal finish I'd ever seen on a new barrel mfrom the factory. This thing has to be close to a 16 RMS finish. Not only is it beautiful, it's uniform the entire length.

Now for the bore.....all I can say is visually and it looks like the finest barrel I've ever seen. Douglas and Shilen have great looking bores too but this MRC barrel isn't taking any back seats to them.

Yes, it must also shoot and that time will come but for now I'm two thumbs up on MRC barrels. First impressions still mean something to me.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
When I ordered mine, on top of the short action, they claimed they had never had a barrel returned in the last 14 years or so (I can't remember the exact amount of time). If it is true, it certainly says something about their quality.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just wait until you put pills down the bore. These babies do shoot.

Posts: 106 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote