Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone heard of his before? Seems to focus a lot of CZs

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Yes, he was going to build a custom rifle for me years ago. All I ended up with was a set of custom bases. It wasn't all his fault but most of it was.

He's nice guy and we parted friends. That said, he's slower than Christmas and didn't keep to any kind of schedule.

Maybe things have changed, maybe they haven't.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He was very generous with his time while I was having my 550 magnum built. I got messed up and he didn't get to build it but his ideas were very sound and although it was a new design and caliber at the time I felt he had a very good grasp of what I was trying to convey as my ideas for the build.
You might ask Jeffosso as well.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
He is a very talented guy, but he will take your money for work he claims is done and ready to ship, then over a year later(no returned calls or emails) after having to threaten him with legal action and calling ATF on him for theft, he might return your call and give you your gun back. It really is a shame that he behaves as he does, he could be a real player in the industry. I am not the only person on this forum with bad dealings with him, and would certainly not recommend him.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
He is a very talented guy, but he will take your money for work he claims is done and ready to ship, then over a year later(no returned calls or emails) after having to threaten him with legal action and calling ATF on him for theft, he might return your call and give you your gun back.

Unfortunately, my experience with him was far too similar.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
He made some beautiful bases for me that were a perfect fit for my rifle, great guy to talk to and very talented. The delivery on my bases was lengthy but he was also in the middle of uprooting from AZ and moving to ID.
I would deal with him again if there were no tight schedule, his work is flawless.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, men. I was most interested in the scope bases he makes for the CZ 550. Are his bases that much better? Also, he quoted $450 all in plus 4 months delivery time.

www.michaelscherz.com

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought the 550s came with intregel bases? Mine did.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
People that have Scherz rifles in hand like the workmanship...others have had a less than pleasant experience. I have no doubt that Michael can do good work, when and if you recieve the product.

I was involved with a 550 Magnum build with Michael and it went south big time. He had natural disaters and the evil internet customers to blame for his problems. Others here on AR were also burned by him on the 550 project.

I honestly gave up and ate MANY hundred dollars in deposits for his work. He kept my money and I got tired of "chasing" him. The idea of lawsuits turned me off and I just got to the point of "a lesson learned." Mad

For those seeking Michael Scherz for rifle services please be careful. I really hope that he has turned the corner so to speak but I would be very wary. It seems his "customer service" hasn't changed much.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote