Find
Notify
Tools

Custom guncase
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted
I did not find the right guncase for my Dakota 76 Traveler so I had a local company made one for me.. 25"x10.5"x4.5"

Here is the result:

Posts: 191 | Location: Kolbjørnsvik, Norway | Registered: 21 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. What does it weigh (just the case)?
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, to some extent one always pays the price for sturdiness in added weight. Probably a sad fact of life. Still, it is a nice case. It must have been fun to see the project come to fruition.

Since we are all different, I would probably have made my personal case slightly different. I would have left room for a spare barrel, and if the current size did not allow for that, I would have left out the scope. It is nice to be able to store the scope in the case, but for travel, I elect to keep all optics in my hand luggage anyway. As a matter of fact, a case for TWO takedown rifles each with TWO barrels might have been my choice (always trying to go one better, obviously ).

Good effort Tomjac, really nice case, and I'm sure a fun project.
- mike

one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Yes, to some extent one always pays the price for sturdiness in added weight. Probably a sad fact of life. Still, it is a nice case. It must have been fun to see the project come to fruition.

Since we are all different, I would probably have made my personal case slightly different. I would have left room for a spare barrel, and if the current size did not allow for that, I would have left out the scope. It is nice to be able to store the scope in the case, but for travel, I elect to keep all optics in my hand luggage anyway. As a matter of fact, a case for TWO takedown rifles each with TWO barrels might have been my choice (always trying to go one better, obviously ).

Good effort Tomjac, really nice case, and I'm sure a fun project.

- mike

I cutest ting is that I have interchangeable foam internals, one for my drilling and another one for my Kipplauf.

Posts: 191 | Location: Kolbjørnsvik, Norway | Registered: 21 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That will work! So what you displayed was but one "incarnation" of the case. Neat!
- mike

one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Very nice. What does it weigh (just the case)?

- mike

Not quite sure what just the case weighs empty, but with the rifle and scope it weight 9.1kg (~20 lb).

Not the lightest on the marked I believe!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had KKAir build a couple of custom cases for take down rifles, great product and very sturdy.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
fantastic piece of english!
jeffe

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted Hide Post
Quote:

fantastic piece of english!
jeffe

Excuse my English.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i should use some swedish cheif translation software for this...

hold on a minute.. i meant the english walnut on the stock...

i think his use of the english language is better than mine
!!

jeffe

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Well said Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about it. First, your English is perfectly fine, secondly, it is a lot better than Jeffe's Norwegian!

- mike