New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 600 trigger guard
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to replace the plastic trigger guard on my Remington 600. I found a steel one for $130 and an anodized aluminum one for $90. Reviews on the aluminum one were very good. Any opinions on those two options? Anyone know of a better deal on them?

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This one is steel, a buddy used one on his rifle. He's happy with it.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/811200

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craigster Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if the steel one I mentioned is cast or machined and I also don't know if machined would be better. Opinions on this appreciated as well.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the best is made by Willie at Coquilla Valley Machine Works
His phone number has changed
It is 541 - 260 - 6246

His email address is the same; cvmwearthlink.net They are still available for $85.00 to any door in the U.S
Ad $25.00 for international shipping.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I would love to replace my plastic one too. But can't justify that kind of money. I did buy a repro plastic one several years ago for about $5.00. So far it has not warped like the original. If I get another 30 years out of it, it will be someone elses problem.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
I would love to replace my plastic one too. But can't justify that kind of money. I did buy a repro plastic one several years ago for about $5.00. So far it has not warped like the original. If I get another 30 years out of it, it will be someone elses problem.

Life's too short to hunt/shoot with an ugly trigger guard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craigster--That is the aluminum one on EBAY and all reviews on it great.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craigster---Finding a plastic one for $5.00 is a thing of the past. Even those plastic ones are now 24K.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Craigster---Finding a plastic one for $5.00 is a thing of the past. Even those plastic ones are now 24K.

But think of the weight you'll save.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I bought the aluminum guard from Heritage Arms. It was a very good copy.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oopss-butchlambert---the link you posted is the aluminum one on EBAY. I ordered that one. Several years ago I bought a 600 in 6mm Rem. and had chance to trade it for a 600 in .222. I traded as my grandson was young at the time and the .222 would be a better fit. Indeed it worked out fine. Then a few years later my grandson was about 16 and had moved up to a .308 in a Win 88 I gave him. Along came another .222 in Rem 600 which I traded a Ruger .44Mag for. Made the trade knowing I'd give the 600 to my grandson. Now my grandson is in late 20's and has twin sons age 7 and I have an extra stock for a Rem 600. I am going to cut it down for their size and mount their dad's rifle in it and he keeps his original stock. Figured all that swapping his plastic trigger guard might warp, I already had metal trigger guard on mine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
quote:

Life's too short to hunt/shoot with an ugly trigger guard.

Yea, I understand. But, I only paid $150. For the whole gun with a scope on it. Granted, it was sometime ago, but I guess I am just cheap. It still works, so I live with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter

Yea, I understand. But, I only paid $150. For the whole gun with a scope on it. Granted, it was sometime ago, but I guess I am just cheap. It still works, so I live with it.

Sounds like it works just fine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fast becomming my go to for deervhunting. I have been using a 308 remington sendaro for years, but at age 60 now, the 308 remington 600 carries alot better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fast becomming my go to for deervhunting. I have been using a 308 remington sendaro for years, but at age 60 now, the 308 remington 600 carries alot better.

A remington 600 in 308 was my primary deer/hog rifle for many years. Compact and potent in thick brush and swamps.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
oopss-butchlambert---the link you posted is the aluminum one on EBAY. I ordered that one. Several years ago I bought a 600 in 6mm Rem. and had chance to trade it for a 600 in .222. I traded as my grandson was young at the time and the .222 would be a better fit. Indeed it worked out fine. Then a few years later my grandson was about 16 and had moved up to a .308 in a Win 88 I gave him. Along came another .222 in Rem 600 which I traded a Ruger .44Mag for. Made the trade knowing I'd give the 600 to my grandson. Now my grandson is in late 20's and has twin sons age 7 and I have an extra stock for a Rem 600. I am going to cut it down for their size and mount their dad's rifle in it and he keeps his original stock. Figured all that swapping his plastic trigger guard might warp, I already had metal trigger guard on mine.

Great plan for Son and Grandsons!

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got the stock cut and everything mounted. The rifle is too heavy for the boys. Perhaps from a rest? Which is how they will be shooting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My late brother had several rifles to choose from but his Rem 600 in .243 soon became all you'd see him carrying.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite for the north east PA is a 35 Remington model 600 . Now it just sits , no hunting anymore .

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I put a piece of aluminum on the bottom of the magazine box. So the spring rides on the aluminum and not on the plastic trigger guard. If you have a warped trigger guard, you might try putting it in hot water for a few minutes than try pressing it flat. What trigger are you using? I'm still using the original with out the recall.

Posts: 4 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 06 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The current one is plastic, anything is an improvement.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote