New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help identifying trigger, without pics
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
guys, I have a trigger on my 264 mauser that has a side safety on it, I like the trigger but safety is crap. I am wondering what type of trigger it is. I see a marking on the side Spain, it has a crosspin holding it at the front and the back of it has a hole that the rear action screw goes through to hold it in place. Any ideas on what it might be? has a replacement shroud on the bolt to work with it. I am wondering about keeping the trigger, cutting off the safety and replacing the shroud and just putting a Buehler on it maybe.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These triggers are found on Mauser 98 clones that were built in Spain and marketed by Santa Barbara and Parker-Hale.

I had one on a P-H. I didn't care for it so I replaced it with a Timney trigger and a Mauser 98 shroud with a Dayton-Traister safety. The set-up work fine.

Before I replace the trigger I glass bedded the rifle. It was a PITA to bed the rear of the trigger.

Posts: 408 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Dago

I would go for blackburn or recknagel trigger

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
You might want to try the Kiplinger single set trigger. Set the pull is 6oz, un set 3 pounds if you want to un set the trigger, either do it manualy, lift the bolt or put on the safety and it unsets by it self.

Posts: 130 | Location: St. Albans Maine | Registered: 29 June 2003Reply With Quote