THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need info on adjusting a Timney trigger for a Win model 70 MOA

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on adjusting a Timney trigger for a Win model 70 MOA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted
I bought a new from Midwayusa.com Timney Trigger Winchester Model 70 with MOA 1.5 to 3 lb for my Winchester model 70 coyote to replace the Winchester MOA trigger that it came with. The installation had pictures and a nice explanation of how to install which I had no problem doing.
http://www.timneytriggers.com/...acement-trigger.aspx

The problem is there is no instructions included which shows how to adjust for trigger pull. I checked Timney’s website it is not listed there either.
I also checked with youtube but no luck.

Anyone have a link to where I can get some decent instructions with pictures on how to adjust the trigger?

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I have a link somewhere. I believe the rear is sear engagement the top front over travel and the screw with the lock nut on front is weight.

I usually set over travel just enough to let me pull the trigger. Adjust the sear until there is no felt creep. The adjust the pull weight. Test to see if I can get the trigger to release without pulling. Hitting the shroud with a plastic hammer. Dropping the butt on the carpet. If it release you need more weight or sear engagement. Pretty much trial and error.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timney answers their phone. I've received good tech help from them. Number is on their web site.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote