Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger # 1 in NE caliber.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted
Who rebarrels or rebores a Ruger #1 to one of the Nitro Express rounds. I know J D Jones of SSK Industries will but I believe there are some others out there.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe Hamilton Bowen also does these conversions.
http://www.bowenclassicarms.com

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had Bowen do a 470 NE conversion, and it turned out great. There is sometimes quite a wait to get the barrel back from Labounty (reboring), but my rifle was back to me within 10 months of sending it to Bowen. They do great work. I like the option of reboring vs. rebarreling. It keeps the look and lines of the rifle.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just FYI. I saw this on Bowen's web site:

Please note: Due to shortages of certain parts (some now out of production) and the pending retirement of our reboring vendor, we regret to advise that we must decline orders for our rifle work at this time. As events unfold this year, we'll decide whether or not to offer these services again.< !--color-->

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/rifles.html

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
If you can twist it on, PAC-NOR will build the barrel, or they will fit it for a few hundred bucks to your action. They did a 470 NE and a 577NE for me on the #1. The 470 was sweet shooting, 3 shots pretty quick into 2" at 100m from a rest, flinch and all!

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote