New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disassembling a Win Model 100 Auto
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've done it before, but am having trouble with it this time!

Removed the front barrel screw (built into the front sling swivel), the screw at the rear of the trigger guard, and the "recoil block" retainer bolt which is accessed through the buttplate. However, when I attempt to remove the trigger group it hangs up at the front of the magazine well and I can't seem to find the combination to get it loose.

Can anyone help? THANKS!

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
The recoil block stays attached to the stock. You only need to remove the front barrel screw and the rear trigger guard screw. While holding the op rod back, rotate the barrel and receiver up and out of the stock.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice, Wes. I'll swear I've tried the bolt at every position from closed and locked to wide open and still haven't stumbled onto the right combination, but I'll try again with your instruction and see what happens.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
The trick is leaving the block in place. Good luck!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
You can throw that stock away and try again with another new stock, or, remove material from the left side of the barrel channel. I don't know how many times I've seen that work.