New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to find sweat-on front sight ramps
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So my upcoming projects this year, will all need iron sights to be "correct" to what I want them to be. I ordered a "Redfield Front Sight Ramp, 3/8"" from Numrich Gun Parts Corp (easy to do business with!) and it's exactly what I want, but I may need higher or lower ramps to complete the projects.

Given that I can't find any of these on the internet, does anyone currently produce a similar style sweat-on sight ramp? This one is 1/4" wide, radiused to fit snug on the barrel, designed to solder on and has a single screw hole under the dovetail that does not show when the front sight blade is installed.

The sight doesn't have to be Redfield-I picked this one based on price and description, and it seemed right. Now, unfortunately, I've bought the last one on earth...and I need two!

This one will have to wait for a suitable project, and I'll need to pick up two matching ones. It's ok if the two I buy are tall and need to be cut down, I just would prefer to not have to make these.

Posts: 67 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: 23 December 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
New England Custom Gun.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would surprised if Bownells didn't have what you want.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That sure looks like what is a Williams Gunsight ramp

You will have to go direct to Williams to order the sweat on ramps now as Brownells do not carry them any more.

JW

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, go to NECG, but really, any screw on ramp can be soldered on. Just don't use the screw. I do it all the time.
Or mill out one.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want collector barrel band front sights I have two old Redfields, one has a tad of rust the other is like new both in original boxes..Both are pretty high.

Brownells has what you describe as does New England Arms..Everyone needs a Brownells catalog, makes good readin when the snow is 3 ft. deep and risen mama..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brownells has plenty of screw on sights, but not many sweat-on sights anymore. Williams claims their sweat-on sights are out of production.

I might end up making some, but I was hoping to avoid it if I could. I am not well setup for the compound curves.

Posts: 67 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: 23 December 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
New England Custom Gun. They have them. Look them up. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Again, you can solder on any steel screw on ramp. Just leave out the screw and the sight bead covers the hole.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check Midway too. They list a bunch of
such items.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6014 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfram Malukker:
So my upcoming projects this year, will all need iron sights to be "correct" to what I want them to be. I ordered a "Redfield Front Sight Ramp, 3/8"" from Numrich Gun Parts Corp (easy to do business with!) and it's exactly what I want, but I may need higher or lower ramps to complete the projects.
I've got a nos part if you haven't found any yet . Please pm or email me at ggmac5@aol.com

Given that I can't find any of these on the internet, does anyone currently produce a similar style sweat-on sight ramp? This one is 1/4" wide, radiused to fit snug on the barrel, designed to solder on and has a single screw hole under the dovetail that does not show when the front sight blade is installed.

The sight doesn't have to be Redfield-I picked this one based on price and description, and it seemed right. Now, unfortunately, I've bought the last one on earth...and I need two!

This one will have to wait for a suitable project, and I'll need to pick up two matching ones. It's ok if the two I buy are tall and need to be cut down, I just would prefer to not have to make these.

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a nos I found if you need please email me at ggmac5@aol.com
Gary

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Numrich may have something.Ebay is another possibility.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't the two barrel band front sights Ihave from Redfield work, they are sweat on? and very high..They are hard to find these days. Look pretty cool on European guns and even custom rifles..The would be a very close fit.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote