New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tork- setting scope mounts on a mod. 60
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am installing a 3x9 Leupold scope on my model 60 .22,using Burris Deluxe rings.Recently,I saw a thread on another site where the owner of same gun broke part of the dovetail rail by tightening his scope rings too much.

How much tork do I use so I don't break my rail, as it is made of aluminum? The Burris rings are steel.

Posts: 147 | Location: Green Co.,Wis | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just snug them up goood , no grunting . Do you really know somebody that ripped out a dovetail groove tightening rings to it ? The ignorance of people will never cease to amaze me !

Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !

Posts: 104 | Location: Bristol , VT | Registered: 12 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah. A guy on rimfire central posted a pic of the dovetail he snapped off, a good 1/2" of it on the rear left. Said he overtightened the scope mounts, and a chunk broke off.

Posts: 147 | Location: Green Co.,Wis | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Torque -- sorry

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote