New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little rough but hunted with
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know they get trashed but this is one 308 that shoots like a demon.

Posts: 201 | Location: logan, W.V. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. I'd be proud to have it in my gun rack!

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I can see the front sight but what do you use for the rear sight?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i don't believe he asked that question.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
My question about the rear sight is honest curiosity. I see the front sight and wondered if there was perhaps a peep site which is attached when the scope is removed, stored under the grip cap, or some other arrangement. Am I missing something in the photograph which is obvious to all but me?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The front sight is most likely cosmetic. Manlichers just don't look right without one.

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I missing something in the photograph which is obvious to all but me?

Looks to me like the rear sight has just been removed. Isn't there a screw head showing on the barrel in the second picture.

Either way a nice looking rifle. I've always liked the short barrel full stock. Did the black area around the bolt come that way? If not why was it added? Just curious.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a mannlicher nut and got it when they first came out. Started out just going to put a curved butplate & horn tip on it,then changed the front swivel arangement and added a cross bolt. Then like a dufus, took a file to the stock where the bolt rest, going to make it better. Smiler I screwed it up bad so had to put the ebony in and go back like ruger did. I hated the rear sight and we always just hunt deer with the scope so have never got around to setting up a peep,but it need one.

Posts: 201 | Location: logan, W.V. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then like a dufus, took a file to the stock where the bolt rest, going to make it better. I screwed it up bad so had to put the ebony in and go back like ruger did.

Sure glad I've never screwed anything up. Wink
Looks good to me.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote