New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Post...Mauser VZ-24 Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
First post here, but I have been lurking for some time. Looks to be a great site with lots of valuable information.

I have recently purchased a customized vz-24 in 7mm Rem Mag. The previous owner had a Gibbs detachable box magazine installed which I abhore. No chance at seating high BC bullets in reloads with this magazine.

I have been looking at e-gunparts at their new Mauser bottom metal assembly with hinged floorplate as an option. Has anyone used this setup? Is the mag box long enough for 7mm Mag ammo? Is this a good option at $70, or should I just order a surplus 1909 floorplate, latch, spring, and follower.

I am not a gunsmith, so I am not planning on doing any major modifications (read screw-ups). Thanks for your help, and glad to be here at your site!

Posts: 35 | Location: NC | Registered: 25 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the answer to your question, I am just posting to say I am curious too about this bottom metal, anybody seen it yet and know the quality? Seems like an inexpensive way to put hinged floorplates on my mausers.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
<Bailey>
posted
I hadn't seen this bottom metal until today. Of course for $70 I had to order so I can report back when I get it.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I've got said bottom metal...

it beats anything milspec, including the 1909...

it's JUNK when compared to a true custom...

for a dresssed up m98, it's worth 70 bucks over the factory

I can measure it again (i forgot the internal) but i believe it's exactly the same length as a stock mauser, and subject to updates

that's my learned opinion

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
In looking at the ad it appears they have different numbers for the Interarms and FN etc. The Interarms was set up for the 3 3/8" box I believe. I would love to hear more opions. I purchased the Aluminum one sold by Brownells a fe months back. It is made by P.A.W.S. I couldn't send it back fast enough. Talk about looking like cheap plastic. I have also been able to pick up commercial bottom metal from ebay for the 98. Usually sells for $70-105.

I don't think you would gain much if any length by simply using a 1909 bottom. I don't know the length of your mag but the 1909 is shorter than the Mark X.

[ 08-26-2003, 18:38: Message edited by: ramrod340 ]

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
what's the link for this bottom metal?????

I have a VZ-24 on the way

thanks.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote