New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman 57 on Remington Model 7
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone installed a Lyman 57 receiver site on their Remington 700 or Model 7 bolt action rifle? Just curious, as this would save some weight over a scope if I was trying shave off some ounces...

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do not know about the Lyman, but Williams makes a WGRS (I think tht is right) that will mount in the rear scope mount holes.
I really like that sight, and I think the Williams only cost $40.
Ashley Ghost rings are now being made for Remingtons, also.

Sounds like you might already have a Lyman 57 sight. If you do, sorry I could not be of more help. Good luck.

David

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I have not purchased anything yet, so I will check out the offerings from Williams and Ashley Outdoors. Thanks for the suggestions...

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have a williams site i purchased but will never use for a m 700, still in the bilster pack.. email me & i'll cut you a deal

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote