New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss mauser?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
I've seen Argentine, Mexican, Turk, Swedish, and Chilean mausers before.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35928918

Is this a Swiss mauser, possibly used to guard the cheese factories?

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This gun pops up every 2 weeks or so because I think the seller just can't get it together to sell it.

I saw it one time I believe for almost $200 Eeker.

I wouldn't pay 200 cents for it.

Therefore I am going to infer that any markings on it are not original.

-Spencer

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
There is a world of difference between a Swiss K-31 and the "Mauser" that is pictured. The real K-31 is not a Mauser. That Mauser that is pictured is a real chopped up piece of crap.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I don't have a need for them, but between the complete bolt assembly, ejector assembly, trigger guard, guard screws, and the double set trigger parts, etc., there should be somewhere between $50 & $100 in parts there, depending on who needed them and for what. Yeh, I'm pretty sure I would pay more than 200-cents for it. Then I'd tell them to keep the action & barrel and send me the rest. Less shipping & no FFL record keeping.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Canuck, you're right.

But man, its like this gun was used for drill press practice and then dropped into a lake.

I suppose we've all seen worse, though I'm not sure how much worse it could get.

-Spencer

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suppose we've all seen worse, though I'm not sure how much worse it could get.

-Spencer

-------------------------------

You're right too,Spencer....that's gotta be one of the lowest class barreled actions I've ever seen, in its current condition.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Canuck. I actually almost bought it for the parts, and probably would have if the trigger hadn't been mounted in a military loop.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote