New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the CZ Factory Trigger Reliable?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My CZ 9.3x62 has become probably my favorite rifle. I’m considering taking it as my only rifle to Namibia next year (taking shotgun as 2nd gun). As my only rifle for the trip I’m looking to make sure it’s solid and reliable. I’ve read here about the c-clip issue and will be contacting CZ to hopefully get that resolved. I’ve floated the barrel and re-sealed the stock. It hasn’t been bedded but the gun shoots great and is consistent and it has the dual cross bolts. I’ve also added Talley permanent scope mounts and they are SUPER!! Look 100% better and lower the scope to a perfect height for me.

The only other change I’m considering is the trigger. I’m perfectly happy with the pull weight and feel of the factory trigger, but I wonder how reliable it is. It’s quite a complicated looking mechanism. Timney and AHR both make replacement units that look like a much more straight forward trigger. I loose the set feature, but I only use that on the bench anyway.

So what are your opinions of the factory CZ trigger? Reliable? Should I just leave it alone?

If you’ve installed an aftermarket which did you use and are you happy with it?

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Of course they are reliable. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the stock trigger. If you don't happen to like the feel, or the pull, you can have your trigger reworked by a trigger guy, or, you can get an aftermarket. But as far as being mechanically sound, they are.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen the &%#&^Y%$!!!!!!!!!! sear spring not be strong enough to reset the trigger while working the bolt. Rifle worked fine at first and later went south. Heard of another one doing the same thing.

The CZ trigger is an abortion of a terrible idea. It is totally rediculous and there is abso-f!#king-lutely no reason for CZ to put that garbage on a rifle. It serves no purpose, yet gives several liabilities.

I have had one back-ordered from Timney for almost a year now. Wow, my blood pressure is up just THINKING about the CZ trigger. If you can find a Timney, have someone put it on your rifle before getting on the plane.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote