New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Quarter Rib for Ruger No. 1??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got a "new to me" No. 1 in 416 Rigby and got to looking at the quarter rib. It looks like it is attached by 4 screws. I am wondering if anybody offers a custom quarter rib that is a direct replacement for the factory rib.

Posts: 101 | Location: South of Buffalo, NY | Registered: 13 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
No.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Off the shelf" and "custom" are mutually exclusive.

Posts: 49 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 December 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I would get a quarter rib from NECG and have a proper gunsmith mount it and try to blue it to match (that cannot be guaranteed due to the likelihood of dissimilar metals).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I don't know what NECG's ribs cost but this one from Brownells works on my BRNO 602 and a WIN Mod 70, of course they have to be fitted but the blueing matched well.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx...l/search=quarter_rib

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It doesn't appear that NECG sells them after all.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Masterifleman:
I don't know what NECG's ribs cost but this one from Brownells works on my BRNO 602 and a WIN Mod 70, of course they have to be fitted but the blueing matched well.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx...l/search=quarter_rib

Mine is a Dakota Arms Quarter rib sold by Brownells for a Douglas #5 contour barrel. It just might fit the Ruger No. one. They're listed for the # 4 and #5 contours for Douglas and Shilen.
coffee

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote