New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drilling Dissassembly
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a drilling marked H. Burgsmuller & Sohne that i am having trouble getting appart. It is a greener crossbolt action. I've gotten all the trigger plate screws and tang screws out of it as well as the side safety lever. It seems as though everything should be ready to come apart, but I can only get the trigger plate to begin to seperate. It feels as though something internally is still connecting the trg plate to the action. Any suggestions?

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Curtis,

Might try posting this under Combination Guns and Drillings. Lots of esoteric information from those guys on your dilemma.

Luck,

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you tried sliding it back? They often are dovetailed at the front and must slide slightly to the rear. They can be tight as heck, if they haven't been removed in a long time.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the thoughts gentlemen. I did post it in the drilling section a few minutes ago. Art, the trigger plate starts to come off and seperates at the front, but will not release. feels as though somehting is hanging up further back in the stock inletting area.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote