THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Gunshow Etiquette (specifically ACGG)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
Always ask first. Every exhibitor I asked permission of in Vegas granted it, some even seemed flattered. I can fully understand why some may not want pics taken of their work, however.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Id ask first also if I wanted to take pictures .

I wonder if anyone keeps there work covered and to view by permission only

Kinda like a racer keeping his motor covered before the race so nobody can see his secrets...

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Red,

I have hundreds of pics from the ACGG shows. I always ask first. I have never been told no.

P.S. Make sure you get pic of the top of Chic's head......hehehe....

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Red,

My experience is the same as others here. I took a bunch of photos of engraving work at last years SCI show. I always asked, with the exception of once. Most exhibitors just smiled and said go right ahead.

Of course the one time that I didn't ask the exhibitor was not happy that I was taking photos.

It didn't help that there was a sign right there politely asking that no photos be taken. I simply didn't notice the sign as I was so mesmerized by the guy's work.

Please post anything you find worthy. I'm not able to make it this year and am looking forward to vicariously enjoying both SCI and ACGG through the photos and posts of others.

Take Care,

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be sure to ask first. Hopefully they all feel comfortable in the knowledge that I couldn't duplicate any of the work anyways! Unless somebody is going to display a 2x4 with some pieces of pipe attached to it with bailing wire. :-)

What I will do about posting pictures of the stuff is this, I will get a card or name from each person who's work I snap pictures of. When I get home I will ask any of them who's work I think should be shared if they mind me posting a pic or two. If all goes well I will pick the webspace from one of my unused/seldom used e-mail accounts and setup a gallery for viewing.

I'll see if Chic will let me take the pic, I am sure though that he won't be letting me post it! :-)

Now I just have to remember to go buy some more mini-cd's before I leave Friday.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The time honored way to ask if you can snap photos is to go to the bar, buy a Bloody Mary and ask me, I mean the builder if you can take photos and hand him the drink. Okay you don't buy that.

The only place that I have ever been turned down to take photos at SCI or the Guild show is at Johann Fanjoi's booth and they had the soup Nazi as the camera guard. They also had thes little business cards laying around with cameras with circles around them with a line across the camera. I actually got yelled at for taking a photo. I told him he was nuts. He said something in german, I believe he was commenting on what a nice looking man I am, or how a thousand goats should ....... well you get the story.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
A few years ago, Jack Belk took a bunch of pictures and gave them out as a screen saver. Well, I lost it due to computer crash.

If someone would be willing, I will put together another screen saver from pictures you attendees have taken. I won't be able to make it, but I would love it if you would send your pics to me, and I will put them all on a CD with a screen saver program and send it out.

Thanks

PS, Very funny about the soup Nazi...LOL

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Well that would explain why my budget for Bloody Mary's is rather generous when I go to the guild shows.

Just dont have too many and then start taking pictures

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote