Find
Notify
Tools

Reamer opinions needed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted
I was planning on ordering a reamer for my .338-06 project. I had decided on a Clymer but a classmate of mine said they'd been having good results using Dave Manson reamers in their barreling class.

Any opinions feedback on Manson Reamers?

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
They are good reamers too. A bit more expensive though.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Talk to Dave Kiff at Pacific tool & Guage. You haven't seen tools cut until you try one from his shop. His solid pilot reamers are a joy to work with. His phone no. 541-826-5808

Posts: 154 | Location: Clio, Alabama | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:
I was planning on ordering a reamer for my .338-06 project. I had decided on a Clymer but a classmate of mine said they'd been having good results using Dave Manson reamers in their barreling class.

Any opinions feedback on Manson Reamers?

I can't say enogh about Dave Kiff's reamers. Cut so well and evenly on all flutes.

Wally

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave Kiff is the guru of reamer guys. Great guy to talk to and do business with. I have only bought 4 items from him but he has any future business from me, how little it will be.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Pacific Tool. I've bought about four or five and referred others who are as happy as I am.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave Kiff of Pacific tool is undoubtedly the most popular of today's makers. The drawback? The company may be suffering some growing pains and delivery is a bit slower. I've bought several reamers from Pacific in recent years though and they are fine reamers. I have not used any of Manson's but have used a bunch of Clymers. I have always comsidered the reamers from Hugh Henriksen to be the best of the lot but it's a pretty close call. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3763 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had excellent results and service from reamers from both Dave's. Manson and Kiff. Fear not with either one.

Kiff may be the older hand and better known. Manson has a growing reputation and cult-like following of accuracy nuts.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback.

Just before I left work I called PTG. The lady I spoke to seemed a bit confused by my request. She did say that Dave would call me back though. We'll see if I have a message when I get in tomorrow.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Pacific.

True Eyes