Find
Notify
Tools

I don't believe this
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted
I just ordered a #5 contour .423 barrel from Montana Rifle Co for my 1999 MRC log mag chrome moly action....(a .404 Jeff)

The Douglas #3 contour sitting here will become a .375 Taylor on a mauser action and my 1917 Enfield .375 H&H will remain unchanged.....

So.....is it legal for anyone to have three DG rifles?????

Is African hunting contagous?????

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, and yes
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the book of 2nd Opinions, Chapter 12/ verses 4-7

(4)and thou shalt have as many D.G.Rs as seems good unto you but thou shalt not steal the D.G.R. of thy neighbor, as he hast worked diligently for it also.
(5)Tho shalt get unto thyself rifles only by honset means, and oppress not the poor.
(6)And thou shalt use only good ammo in thy D.G.R. and keep it cleaned and oiled so as you be not overtaken by thy adversary.
(7)Tho shalt utterly abhor the rifle of unreliability, and not touch the unclean thing. For if thou goest forth with the unclean thing, thou shalt come unto harm, and great will be the wrath threrof, and there will be great weeping and gnashing of teeth, (but the teeth may not be thine.)

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
hey guy...you don't know me....but that reply put real tears in my eyes.....and a serious smile on my face all at the same time.....

thanks friend

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
(Oh blessed truth...)

Hey Vapodog...........

Your in Nebraska. I'm in Wyoming. What part of Neb. are Ya in?

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
ever heard of McCook?

one of us
posted Hide Post
No
You ever heard of Shoshoni?

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Both of thou art clearly so far off in the sticks, nay the wilderness, that thou mayest shoot thy DGRs in any direction and declination without fear or possibility of harming thy neighbor, his wife, his fatted calf or any of his graven images.

Thou mayest, however, slay thy neighbor's corn or winter wheat if thou art not careful of thy backstop.

Rememberest thou well, vapodog, that the Lord's prayer requires thee to beseech thy maker not to lead thee into temptation, and that includest the gun rack at thy local gunshop.

And thou, of the unpronounceable Germanic moniker, do not mockest the Lord thy God, else thou shalt be sent to small game, small bore Hell.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Not sure about McCook, but its a looong ways from Shoshoni to the nearest patch of corn, and drouthy enough that fatted calves are kinda hard to find as well.....

Posts: 18 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And the Lord sayeth - Go forth and multiply! Surely in His Wisdom, He was referring to All Firearms, not just DGReths, but others as well, otherwise there would have been a stack of stone tablets excluding them!!

Jeeezuz Cristeth!! In the name of the Lord, how much more justification canst thou needeth?

Amen.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have forgot verse 1.
The holiest of D.G.R.s shall have 2 barrels, placed side by side, all others are an abomination, and shall be known as Bolt Rifle Trash.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good advice(eth)