Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Charles Daly Zastava Mausers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
jim,
i recently received two left handed chrome moly actions for a customer. one was the standard size that they designate for the 7x57 to 30/06 and the other was a mini for the 223 size cartridges. haven't seen the whole rifles yet. they seem to be trickling onto our shores after being advertised for several years now.

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I was able to get a .25-06 barreled action several months ago and so far it's a fine shooter and a fine functioning gun. I also bought an action only suited to the .375 H&H and had to repair several things with it and have done so.....

My experience however is (and is confirmed by others) that the warranty is worthless....if you have a problem with CD products they will find an excuse to blame you and not honor their warranty.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I haven't had the opportunity to try their service but I have a CD action built into a 458 Win., no problems after a year and probably a couple of hundred full power loads through it. This was barrelled with a Douglas Barrel and has a Boyds JRS Laminate stock so not quite the same as buying a complete rifle from them.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
In my case their warranty was useless in getting misaligned scope base holes repaired. Their response was that it was within tolerances. If that is so, I wonder just how loose their other tolerances are???

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
The latest Gun Week (Nov 10, '04) has a front page story on these rifles. Scott Smith tested a .308 Win Field Grade rifle, and notes that the rifles are available in the US now. They were held up by import regulations. Also the Superior Grade rifles are supposed to be coming in too.

Has anyone handled or shot the African rifles (.375 & .458), or any of the left-handed rifles?

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote