Find
Notify
Tools

Buying gun stock blanks, who's best to buy from
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rick,
They may have an safety incubation period down under. I lived there for 4 years during an olympics that they had in Melbourne. Horses had to be quarantined in England before they went to Australia and then for a short period there also. I guess that way the bugs they brought across would be royal subjects.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chic, I had a wonderful experience with Roger. He went out of his way to send several photos 3 different times. David Christman said he couldn't be happier with the wood for my Lott.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want reference for Roger Vardys wood, speak with Jerry Fisher,Mike Roden from GraniteMountain mausers,and you can call Holland*Holland,London. They all use his wood.
I have been dealing with RV since 1990 and have been treated well.
I dont take much notice of what someone says happened to someone they know,unless that "someone" is prepared to come on this forum and tell us their own personal account of that experience. That would give it more credibility, rather than some vague aspersion through a 3rd party. If a person(s) did get "ripped", many of us would surely like to know exactly in which way, and from the horses mouth, it would be an education and benefit for us all.
While I was at the ACGG in Reno, there was a dipstick who wondered in from another part of the globe and started bagging RVs' wood ,yet a very well known and respected US gunmaker highly disagreed,which took the wind out of his sails,so he soon took off. That is a first hand account, which I have noted on these forums before, yet someone decided to delete the posting. It amazes me some of the bullshit that gets through and is allowed to fester on this forum,yet when a real bit of truth arises it is quashed.
Buying blanks from Rodger, I have been given the oportunity to swap them for another, should I decide later that I liked another better,or needed a different one(if I changed my mind to build a falling block/double instead of a bolt rifle)
If your looking for a good dense piece for a bigbore project, Rv has it.

Another site you may want to look at is: www.vintagedoubles.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Customstox,

I didnt refer to it as total BS,I stated that it would be good to have more detail to give it more credibility,thats not an unreasonable or outrageous request. If you dont have good details then why make the comment, if you do, then why not just post them and make it easy and truelly informative for everybody.
We are not talking about someones weekend fishing tale,golf score,or weight of a wild pig.
This concerns statements that could possibly be affecting someones ability to make a living.
If someone is going to make such statements as yours, I see it only fair to everyone(forum readers and RV himself) that they be properly substantiated and detailed,not through a PM, but on the open forum where you made the initial statement. I dont see what there is to hide.
Would you not like someone to openly and properly substantiate any claims that they would place on this forum about your business character?
If the information is complete and represented in an impartial manner,and so proves that there is good truth to what you say,then that is a feather in your cap and nail in RVs coffin,and so be it,but if there aint much truth to it, then its the other way around.
Ok you mentioned your friends name to Rodger and he walked away. that is no account of what transpired between the two, it is as vague as your initial "got ripped" comment.
I can think of a few people that if you mentioned their name to me would not make me smile and cause me to walk away, but that is not because I have done them wrong in business, but just cause they are basically a waste of time and space and hardly worth acknowledgment.
So Customstox,Just as an example,Would it be fair to assume that that is the reason why RV walked away from you?....personally,NO,I dont think it would fair to assume that,cause there could be anumber of reasons that we dont know of. I do my best not to assume anything about anybody,and prefer to make decisions when I have very good/sufficient information. But so far, you have not provided much of that at all(infact none), to back up your derogatory statement concerning RV. If it remains that way, I see it possibly affecting more your integrity rather than RVs.
You seem quick to condem the man, but seem slow to give proper integrity to it. You seem to be avoiding providing that critical information,in the same way Rv avoided further conversation with you. So, Are we to unfairly assume as to the reason why? or would you like to tell us?...It Aint Rocket Science. bewildered Its very Simple,You were man enough to make a statement on the open forum..now just respectably be man enough to back it up on the open forum.Thats no real diffucult task,unless you really dont know much of what happened at all. The truth wont harm anyone that it is meant to benefit.

Happy shooting to all.

posted Hide Post
Check out this site:

http://www.hunterbid.com