Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about Husqvarna rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
Are they any good?? I'm not familiar with them, but was recently offered one in 9.3x62. I know the caliber, just not the gun. What are the strengths and weaknesses?? Thanks.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Excellent rifles. thumb

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.pettsons.net/ There! I have a old JC Higgins on a Husq action. Its beautifuly machined out of swedish steel. The rifle has two "shortcomings" in my opinion. One is the trigger. My J.C Higgens has apparently been worked on and is nice! About 4 pounds and no creep. But others are long and heavy and creepy in my expericance. So count a aftermarket trigger in the price if your a tiggerholic. The other is the bolt stop. I've never see it fail but it looks kinda cheapy. You can see a wire spring from the outside of the gun if you look close. It does make for a small and unabtrusive bolt stop however. The good points? HVA MAUSER small ring action built with super strong steel with a ejector that isn't splitting the left lug. One peice bolt that is a work of the machinist's art. VERY lightweight with its aluminum floorplate. I got a cheapy Bold trigger to put on mine but when I get it out I decide that the factory trigger is ok on a 30/06 featherweight rifle. After all I'm not shooting it in benchrest. Its a hunting rifle par excellence and is made to be hunted with. I'm not familiar with the later models but hear they are excellent rifles also. Maybe a Sweedish memeber could tell us what happened to the company that they don't make rifles anymore. Just chainsaws?? bewildered FNMauser

Strike while the iron is hot! Look before you leap!He who hesitates is lost! Slow and steady wins the race! Time waits for no man! A stitch in time saves nine! Make hay while the sun shines! ect. ect.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kentucky U.S.A. " The land that is dark with blood" | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bowhuntrrl... I just picked up my old Husqvarna rifle that I bought.

It is a very nice rifle . Mine is the 640 model series/ highpower from about 1951. It has the FN mauser action with the military type safety and bolt sleeve and bolt stop/reliese. It is just like the JC higgins Belgium FN .

I like the model 46,146 and 640 series with the FN actions best. The 46 has the left side rail thumb slot. The later 1600 series has a differnt bolt sleeve and safety ,1900 is husqvarnas own modified design ,reciever push feed bolt.

My rifle must have been sitting in someones closet for 45 years. I cleaned the metal up with krol oil last night and the blueing is practacly like new. Mine is a 270 . The trigger is a modified military design.

Check out the petterson site. That 9.3x62 might be a FN 98 mauser action 640 series. Buy it if its in good condition ! ! !

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:

Check out the petterson site. That 9.3x62 might be a FN 98 mauser action 640 series. Buy it if its in good condition ! ! !

What are these worth?? Is $350-$400 too much for one?? Thanks

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I've had my 9.3x62 Husqvarna for over 35 years and sure don't plan to sell it until at least 10 years AFTER I'm dead!!

Great, handy, working rifle in the bush. Like it so much that after about 10 years I had it completely upgraded cosmetically with G&H style. Scary accurate with the 286 gr. Norma RN bullet and a good "stopper" for other than dangerous game in the worst "tights".

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sbhva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bowhuntrrl:
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:

What are these worth?? Is $350-$400 too much for one?? Thanks

The value of the gun will depend on which model it is. Husqvarna made 9.3x62's in 4 different actions - 96, 98, 1640, and the 1900. If you know the serial number, I can most likely tell you what action it is.

Steve

Posts: 120 | Location: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sbhva
posted Hide Post
I am a Husqvarna collector (allright - certified nut) and I would be happy to answer any questions regarding Husqvarna commercial firearms (rifles, shotguns, pistols). My email is sbhva@aol.com

Steve

Posts: 120 | Location: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sbhva,,, What husky rifles do you have in your collection? Got any pictures?

I just have 4 m38, m38/96's , a scratch built custom m96 sporter, and this nice 640 series model I just got.

Ill be keeping a eye out for other 640s and 146's with the FN mauser 98 actions. They are nice rifles and "sleepers" that can be found pretty inexpensive.

Rick

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
If any of you gentlemen are interested I have a couple 9.3X62's I might part with.One on a FN98 second series action one on a solid wall 96 action.If interested please e-mail me at fwhcah@verizon.net
Thanks Fred

DRSS Member

Posts: 906 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fred I might be interested in the FN 98 9.3x62.

Your Email address does not work!

one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Fred,

I would like to see photos of the FN98 9.3x62.

My email address is in my profile.

Thanks,
David

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
GSP7,
e-mail is working fine on this end?
Fred

DRSS Member

Posts: 906 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fred , I Tried sending another Email again. I would like to know the details about the FN 98 9.3x62 and see some pictures.

e mail me lazy4branchid@aol.com

one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
I had to redo my e-mail account,everything is working now.
Thanks Fred

DRSS Member