New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby Vanguard trigger torque?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody know how much torque you're supposed to use to tighten the trigger mounting screw on a Weatherby Vanguard? I'm replacing the trigger. Weatherby customer service is closed today.

Posts: 123 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see there are a lot of views but no responses. Is this hard question or is this forum just for gunsmiths? Should I have posted this question on another forum? Just curious for next time. I actually posted this question on another website and got responses right away.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I don't torque these, I go by feel. I bring them up snug, by hand. The bolt release screw's head will snap if you over tighten it. So, use caution there.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Westpac. I've always done the same thing in the past. I guess I'm getting cautious in my later years. I recently bought an inch pound torque wrench and thought I'd start using it on small screws just to be safe. Someone on 24hr Campfire said the correct torque is 40 inch lbs.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a torque rating for that particular screw. All it has to do is keep the housing from moving. So whatever you're comfortable with should be fine.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote