Find
Notify
Tools

slicking up a 1895 450 marlin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
looking for a good leaver gunsmith? thanks buc

Posts: 29 | Location: mt vernon ohio | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
http://www.brockmansrifles.com/

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try doing it yourself.

Tuning Marlin Lever Actions
I have a 336 that was like a coffee grinder when I got it, took it down and with some stones and emery slicked it right up.

Rob

Posts: 1690 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did the above process myself with a 1894 45 Colt. Really a major improvement for about an hour of work.

Another tip- Get a wild west trigger (I got mine from Cabela's). Just drop it in and you have a 100% improvement. I also put in the ejector for improved ejection of brass

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the ejector also from Wild West?

Posts: 1690 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yep, it is the one piece "bear proof" ejector. Replaces the two piece factory one.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote